Stetzer-Bales Funeral Home was established in 1900 by Martin Joseph "Harry" Stetzer and hie wife, Allie. In 1921, they moved from a small frame building on Main Street to their current locatin at the southwest corner of Main and Hill Streets, in what was known as the Bewley Boarding House. The funeral home remained under the ownership and operation of the Stetzer family until 2007, when grandson, Mack Harvey Longmire, Jr. sold the family business to J.B. Gulley and Stephen Bales. After the death of J.B. Gulley, Stephen bought out J.B's half and became sole owner of Stetzer-Bales Funeral Home along with his wife, Karen. It is our desire to contine the same dignified and professional service which Stetzer-Bales Funeral Home has provided for over 100 years.